Being a driver, you should know that sometimes you may find yourself in a difficult situation when your vehicle does not start. That is the case when you need an emergency jump starter. I have tried many models that claim to be the best lithium ion jump starters, but the Rugged Geek RG1000 was the one that amazed me. This very reliable device can help you on the road and start your vehicle.
It looks very attractive since its body has a nice tire pattern. However, it is not a simple device, it has an LED flashlight that has three modes:
- The SOS mode.
- The Steady on mode (the flashlight is just working on).
- The Flashing mode.
Another great feature that this device has, and I think it is very useful, is an LCD display that provides you with important information on the battery status. It also can be used as a power bank as well. I use it to charge my smartphone sometimes. It is provided with high capacity cables, USB cables, wall and car chargers, Apple-compatible cables, and a special case where you can put all the cables and the device itself.
Therefore, it is not a useless device that you have for an emergency case. It is super useful and I find its design very attractive.
Rugged Geek RG1000 — Pros & Cons:
This Rugged Geek jump starter is super reliable and it is able to start even large vehicles.
- The peak boosting capacity is 1000A. It is enough to start an automobile with a 7.0L gas or a 3.5L diesel engine.
- The battery is lithium-ion. It guarantees high capacity and battery life.
- The battery life is more than 1000 cycles.
- The charge time is 3-5 hours. It depends on the way of charging (it is faster with an AC adaptor, however, you can charge it while the vehicle runs with a DC adaptor).
- The cables are designed in accordance with the latest safety regulations. You will damage neither your vehicle nor the device.
- The weight is almost 1 pound.
- The dimensions are 6.30 x 1.26 x 2.95 inches.
- No air compressor.
- The charging time may be quite long (especially if you use a DC adaptor).
Concluding my Rugged Geek RG1000 review, I can say that this device is an option for all drivers, whether you have a small car with a diesel engine or a large vehicle with a 7.0L engine. The Rugged Geek is able to start your vehicle without any problems. I think this is one of the best jump starters available right now.
Of course, it takes some time to charge the device, but overall it is a good device and I would like to recommend buying it, especially if you use your car a lot.