The truck driver’s job is a no-sleep one, requiring constant attention and quick decision making. However, quality communication is important as well. The best Bluetooth headset for truckers is a solution to the need to stay in touch and answer in time, while controlling the truck and the road situation. Besides, the hands-free set lets listen to the music and control the playback without taking the eyes off the road.
So, the Bluetooth-powered headset is important equipment for a truck driver. Yet, the offers are plenty on the market. Which model to choose? Consider the following factors:
- Durability. The road life has no mercy for any mechanism and challenges everything. The headset should be strong enough to sustain humidity, wind, occasional falls.
- Comfort. For several hours on end, any piece of plastic or metal on the head would feel like torture. The comfort of constant wearing is a must for truckers’ headsets. The parts contacting the skin must be soft and non-irritating.
- Ease of handling. Taking a hands-free headset and having to press some buttons constantly or tweak the settings makes no sense. The setup should be simple and controls should foresee as little user’s intervention as possible.
- Sound quality. Having noise in the ears or not being able to make out what the HQ staff say renders the Bluetooth set useless. The sound should be clean, with good frequency range and sensitivity.
- The Parrott button can be customized to perform any function, through the special smartphone app.
- Voice control lets free the hands completely during call handling.
- Heavy-duty battery lets use the headset without interruption within 24 hours.
- The headband embraces the head tightly and doesn’t allow sunglasses to sit straight.
- The ear cup isn’t big and doesn’t cover above and under the ear.
- Smart microphone technology outlines the user’s voice and blocks the environment sounds.
- Differently sized silicone tips let adjust the headset to the driver’s individual features.
- Well-visible LED indicators for power and battery status.
- Plastic build, not fall-proof.
- No smartphone app is available.
- Compatible Plantronics Hub smartphone app provides additional functions like searching for the lost gadget.
- The WindSmart technology detects the wind motion and cuts the sound on the respective mic channel.
- The supplied case works as a charger and lasts for two full charges.
- No automatic turn off when the charger is connected.
- The max volume level isn’t high enough.
- Connects simultaneously to two sources.
- The battery charges fully within 2 hours.
- Adjustable headband makes the headset fit well on any head.
- No horizontal mic adjustment.
- The volume buttons are a bit stiff.
- Voice control tech lets handle the calls and receive voice information about the device and call status.
- The ear hook is adjustable and can be used for any side (right or left).
- Simple pairing with both Windows and Mac.
- The mute function is notified about insufficiently (by a soft tone only).
- The battery discharges quickly when in active use (lasts up to 5 hours).
- Good quality sound with noise cancellation. Truck and road humming, wind gushes, rain, and other sounds cause interference and make the voice unintelligible. That’s why the precisely positioned mic and active noise cutting technologies are important. The flat background is important for the headphone piece as well. The good size of the integrated speaker and different sound-enhancing techs let the voices transmit clear and interference-free during the call.
- Strong battery. There’s no use in a premium sound if the device should be more often at charge than at the ear. The battery must ensure at least 6 hours of constant usage and much longer standby mode. The short charging time is also a benefit, especially during on-the-road conditions. The charging cable must be a standard one, preferably with multiple charging options (USB connection, wall adaptor, etc.).
- Durable weatherproof construction. Truck driving often means exposure to wind, rain, and other weather conditions. Most headsets are lightweight and inconspicuous, the driver is likely to come out in the rain with the device on (for example, to inspect the wheels, lights, doors, etc.) It means that the headset must be waterproof or at least resistant to humidity. It also should sustain occasional falls and quick take-on-take-off, grabbing by the oil-covered hand, etc.
- Good signal. The Bluetooth headset with the premium sound and build, the high capacity battery is worth nothing if the signal is weak or drops intermittently. The connection should be reliable and constant, with a sufficient range of reach. However, most headsets maintain a signal strong enough to ensure a good connection within the truck cabin. Still, if you prefer to talk or listen to the audio while inspecting the truck or looking by the road cafe, you might need a stronger BT signal headset with a larger area of reach.
- Long-wear comfort. Finally, all the operational benefits of the headset are useless, if you aren’t able to wear it for long. There are different types of BT headsets; still, any type must be lightweight and not too bulky in order not to press on the head or the ear. The areas contacting with the skin must be soft enough and non-sweating type to prevent irritation or sliding of the device. Besides, any type of headset must fix firmly in order not to slide away or fall from the head.
- Voice control and notifications. Complete voice control allows accepting and ending the calls, browsing the contacts, tweaking the device parameters and setting the most comfortable operation mode makes the headset a truly hands free device. That also enhances the safety as the driver doesn’t have to take the hands off the wheel to manage the device. The voice notifications let the driver know about an incoming call and who’s calling, whether the mic is on and how long will the battery last. They are much more convenient that LED indicators that can not always be seen properly.
- Automatic turn on / off. This feature powers off the device and saves the battery charge, when the headset isn’t in use. This is performed either by tracking the mic position (e.g. vertical or horizontal) or by the sensors data indicating when the headset is at the ear / the user is speaking.
- Both side application. For single-ear headsets, the pressure is uneven for the left and right ear and on different parts of the head. Besides, listening through one ear constantly mightn’t be good for the ear membrane and sound recognition ability. That’s why changing the set orientation from right to left or vice versa is recommended during the extended use. Many headsets, both in- and on-ear one, provide such an option.
Find your optimal combination of the mentioned factors in the Bluetooth headset reviews below!
Bluetooth Headset for Truckers Reviews
Diverse functionality with customizable options and high-quality sound place this model among the top picks as the best Bluetooth headset for truckers. However, the one-ear design results in comfort decreasing over time; so, the 24/7 wearing isn’t an option.
The headset transmits the sound without interference buzz both for voice calls and music playback. It has high sensitivity; even at the maximum volume, the voice is articulated precisely, without shrills or muffling. While there is no separate noise-cutting function for the “headphone” part of the set, the foam cushion pad provides good outer noise protection.
The microphone has the built-in noise suppression technology letting talk via the headset even in the wind, at the open window, on a gravel road, etc. It sits on a pivoting joint between the band and earpad and is easily adjustable.
The Blue Parrot 450 has the ergonomic construction and is padded on the inside minimizing the pressure on the head. The cushion is all-ear and holds reliably on an ear. Still, they are not comfortable to wear all day long.
Bluetooth reaches out as far as 300 ft meaning the user doesn’t have to take the phone along or finish the call coming out of the truck.
Among the one-ear Bluetooth headphones for truck drivers, this device is praised for its active noise control and reliable connection. Still, it is designed for one-side use only, which limits the comfort of wearing it several hours on end.
The headphone presents high-quality audio for voice calls, with a good range and efficient noise cutting. It features the patented TriPort technology making the sound more voluminous and sharp. Both the music and the voice are heard distinctly and flow naturally. High tones are drawn precisely but seem a bit thin, while the mids and lows are confident and clear. The Bluetooth set is also equipped with the noise sensor automatically controlling the headset volume concerning the environment.
The headset has an original in-ear design repeating the curves of the ear and distributing weight efficiently. It’s small and lightweight; yet, buttons are quite big and are easy-to-reach due to intuitive placement and protrusive design.
Notwithstanding the size, the included battery ensures more than four hours of constant usage and more than four days of standby mode. It is recharged quickly through the wall adaptor or a standard smartphone cable, sparing the hassle with additional appliances.
High user’s comfort, full voice control, and self-powering case place this model among leaders in the truck driver Bluetooth headset chart. Still, the sensor technology doesn’t always work seamlessly causing disconnection or other issues.
The headset is equipped with several innovative technologies for the high-quality transmission of the mono sound. The voice is conveyed with all the variations, well-articulated and clean, against a flat background. Due to good sensitivity, the high-quality audio is preserved even at maximum volume.
The microphone features four channels and the adaptation feature letting the device recognize the sound waves of the bearer’s voice and partly block the outer noise. The headset has integrated sensors signalizing the position of the device. Once off the ear, it automatically turns off. Besides, the sensors also detect the user’s voice, and the headset sends the voice warning if the driver starts speaking with the mic turned off.
The unit operates with several voice assistant apps and maintains the full voice control functionality. The voice control is activated with the special button pressure and discerns the commands effectively.
The headset has a solid build while being lightweight. For climate protection, it’s covered with a special nano-film making the device waterproof.
This minimalist trucker headset possesses all the necessary functions and a decent level of comfort for making calls hands free. Considering its low-bottom price, it provides a good value for the money, while not fitting for the extended wearing.
The sound transmission features a clear voice reproduction, with a good amount of detail including slight tonal variations. The headset supports Bluetooth 2.1 and doesn’t transmit the music or another streamed audio.
The microphone is equipped with noise reduction technology, which is efficient in the environment with the low-to-middle noise level. It’s omnidirectional and has a 330-degree pivoting construction; so, the headset can be worn at any side (right or left).
The headset is lightweight and weighs 10 times less than an average cap. The ear pad has foam padding and sits comfortably on an ear. The “empty” pad has a ribbed surface and holds well not sliding along the head.
This Mpow Pro truck driver Bluetooth headset works at 2.402-2.480 GHz frequency and is compliant with FCC regulations. It pairs easily with other gadgets maintaining the radio frequency mode and located within 30 range.
Multiple high-class technologies, efficient noise reduction, and original design grant this model one of the top places in the search for Amazon Bluetooth headset. Yet, its high price and a limited number of connections might become the deal breakers.
The headset supports different BT profiles letting the driver both handle the calls and listen to the audio files hands free. It implements the powerful mini speaker with a 24mm diameter ensuring the high-definition sound. Each tone is articulated precisely, and the background is silent thanks to the noise suppression function. When listening to the media files, the sound is less impressive; yet, it features the clarity and enough detail to satisfy the occasional music-listening needs.
The mic also features the noise cutting function and wind-adjusting technology transmitting the driver’s voice in full and clear. The truck and road hum, people talk and other environmental sounds are effectively hushed up.
This trucker Bluetooth headset features a handy design, with the microphone constructed as a flip arm. The position of the arm defines powering on and off of the headset. The ear cushion is large and nice to touch distributing the pressure accurately and not making the skin sweat. The cushion and over-the-ear hook are tapered and produce a good hold on an ear.
How to Choose the Bluetooth Headset for Truckers? Must-Have Features
The truck driving sets its own environmental conditions and rules to adhere to. That’s why the headset for a trucker must implement the set of must-have technologies and features to ensure safe and comfortable usage:
What’s Good to Have in a BT Set for Truckers? Additional Options
The technology paces up, new features appear almost every day. However, not all of them are useful, especially for severe conditions like truck driving. Yet, some appear to be useful and handy. Below is the list of such options making the use of the headset comfortable and trouble-free.
My name is Brandon, and I’ve been interested in cars since I was a kid. I got a bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology and worked in a private car workshop. I have two cars that have been completely upgraded with my own hands. So I successfully put all my knowledge into practice.
Last update on 2021-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API