By buying new Toyota Corolla rims, you can make your car look more stylish. However, the truth is that rims do much more than just give your car an attractive look. Apart from having an aesthetic appearance, they also reduce friction, enhancing the car’s performance
The rims for Toyota Corolla can be made from various materials, but the most popular types are steel, aluminum alloys, and carbon fiber. They all vary in strength, durability, and wear resistance:
- Steel rims are the most affordable and popular ones.
- Aluminum rims are solid and, as usual, look more stylish than aluminum ones.
- Carbon fiber rims are the most lightweight ones but still have a decent level of durability.
The market offers a huge selection of wheel sets for the Toyota Corolla. However, it is very important to make sure that the rims fit your car model perfectly. Thus, we have selected models that are 100% guaranteed to fit and fully meet the specifications of each model. So read on and take your pick.
Toyota Corolla Rim Reviews
Pilot Automotive WH553-16S-BS
The WH553-16S-BS is a set of four 10-spoke wheel hubcaps that are designed for 16-inch Toyota Corolla rims. The color scheme is a combination of black and silver hues. The finish is glazy.
The adjustable retention rings allow the rims to be used with wheels of various sizes, including small, medium, and large. These rings also make the installation simple and secure. Furthermore, it allows for the adjustment of the tightness of the fitment, which eliminates the possibility of losing the hubcaps while driving. The instructions give a detailed step-by-step guide on how to do this. Just make sure to put the ring on a hubcap carefully and correctly to avoid damaging the tab.
They look just like the original rims for Toyota Corolla 2014, so if you don’t feel like changing the look of your wheels, this option may be just for you. These hubcaps, on the other hand, are significantly lighter than the originals.
The hubcaps are offered at a very pleasant price while still being solid. The hubcaps are made of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene which is, in fact, a thermoplastic polymer. This material can withstand high temperatures (up to 220 °F) and is also resistant to moisture, corrosion, and rust. The only thing that can reduce their service term is constant exposure to direct sunlight.
- During the installation process, no tools are required, and the entire process will take no more than 10 minutes.
- The covers don’t lose their flexibility even at extremely cold temperatures and are not prone to cracking.
- In spite of the price, the finish is of high quality.
- The hubcaps aren’t designed to fit on alloy wheels.
- The warranty is only 30 days.
- These hubcaps are thin and therefore brittle, so keep in mind that they won’t be able to withstand a lot of rough use.
Overall rating: 9/10
These hubcaps are designed for 15-inch Toyota Corolla wheel (2005 to 2008 models). They are the same design as the original hubcaps, so they are a direct replacement and perfect for those who want to keep the same look of the car. Besides, the WCHC-61133-15SL rims cost much less than the original hubcaps from Toyota.
These hubcaps are available in two classic colors: silver and chrome. Although the hubcaps appear to be made of metal due to the application of this paint, they are actually made of PVC plastic. Despite this, they are still weather-resistant and capable of withstanding difficult road conditions, as well as heat and impacts. Thus, the plastic is of high quality, and the covers should outlast their original counterparts.
The snap-on installation is extremely simple. You won’t need any professional mechanic skills to put them on the wheels; simply snap them on.
The easily adjustable retention rings lock the hubcaps into place, ensuring a secure and tight fit. This way, they won’t become loose and will stay in place regardless of the conditions.
- Caps are highly flexible; thus, they are not susceptible to cracking and breaking.
- They ship with a one-year warranty.
- The design of the hubcaps makes them easy to clean because they have no fine, delicate parts; they also do not accumulate dirt and moisture.
- The provided fasteners are of bad quality, and I recommend replacing them.
- The quality of the paint is not very good.
Overall rating: 9/10
Dorman – OE Solutions 939-174
The OE Solutions 939-174 are made of solid steel and have an all-black glossy finish. They are an exact match to the factory rims of Toyota Corolla models produced from 2009 to 2019, so they’re one of the most versatile options on our list.
These Toyota Corolla 2016 rims offer excellent value for money, being an affordable option (it is almost impossible to find steel rims at this price). Besides, the quality is almost as good as the one in the original rims. A large number of tests have been carried out by the manufacturer to ensure that (radial run-out, axial run-out testing, etc.). The rims are well-made and feel rigid, durable, and hard to break. They are resistant to scratches and bad weather conditions.
The present 2015 Toyota Corolla rims have a diameter of 16 inches and a width of 6.5 inches. They are TPMS sensor compatible and have a 2-piece construction.
These rims have an OEM fit, but it’s not so easy to install them. I recommend enlisting the assistance of a technician or at the very least watching an installation video because the provided instructions are not very good (the illustrations there are not colored and small), especially for inexperienced mechanics.
- The paint is of high-grade quality and won’t peel off no matter what.
- The rims don’t wobble at high speed.
- I haven’t noticed any vibration issues.
- The rims come without lug nuts, so you have to buy them separately to be able to install the rims.
- They are heavier than most other rims.
Overall rating: 8/10
Road Ready Wheels 4261102470
The diameter of these rims is 15 inches, being suitable for older (2003 – 2008) Toyota Corolla models. Designed as an exact OEM replacement, they are compatible with all factory equipment (TPMS sensors, lug nuts, and so on). The direct fit ensures easy installation.
These black rims for Toyota Corolla are made of steel. The black paint helps them be more resistant to rust than regular, non-painted models. The rims have a decent level of durability even despite their budget price.
- The finish is of high quality and can’t be damaged by bad weather conditions.
- They are resistant to the accumulation of moisture.
- These rims match the quality of the original Corolla rims, but they are significantly cheaper.
- The hole painting is bad.
- The external mounting edges have burrs and are slightly sharp, which makes them difficult to work with. It’s possible that they will damage the tires if you are not careful when cleaning the rims, for example.
Overall rating: 8/10
Installing Subaru BRZ Wheels on a Toyota Corolla
Toyota Corolla Rim FAQ
Fixing a rim, remember that safety is of primary importance. Wear protective clothes, boots, gloves and goggles, and work in a safe and spacious area. Then, go as follows:
1. Take off the wheel and release the tire from the rim. Use a removal machine if you have it; otherwise, the pry bar will do.
2. Use the blowtorch on the deformed area of the rim. Heat each spot no less than for 2-3 minutes.
3. Use the mallet to bring the rim back into shape. You might need to put something (e.g. a wooden plank) between the mallet and the metal so that the latter wouldn’t leave marks on the rim.
4. Let the metal cool down and mount the tire back on the rim, then inflate it. The wheel can be mounted back on a car.
In order to measure the rim properly, you’ll need to know the following parameters (with many manufacturers, some or all of these specs could be found on the rear side of the rim):
– Diameter. Determine the size of the tire. Stretch the measuring tape from one spot on the bead to the opposite one across the center of the rim. If the rim is steel, the reading would be quite true, while for the aluminum one you’ll have to add about half of an inch.
– Tire width. Measure the distance between the rim edges, not across the face of the rim.
– A number of bolts and distance between them. Count the bolt holes in the rim and measure the distance between the center of one hole and the center of the opposite one.
– Backspace distance. This is measured by straight tape running from the central hub of the rim to its edge.
– Offset type. Depending on the shape of the rim, it can be positive (protrude outside, zero (flat) or negative (protrude inside of the car). Measured from the centerline of the rim width to the hub hole on the face of the rim.
The rim size includes all of the markings listed in the previous chapter. Having all measurements in place, you can select the optimal Toyota Corolla rim for your car, or choose the rims with slightly different specs. Consult the online tables or have the professional’s advice for selecting the fitting ones.
My name is Brandon, and I’ve been interested in cars since I was a kid. I got a bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology and worked in a private car workshop. I have two cars that have been completely upgraded with my own hands. So I successfully put all my knowledge into practice.
Last update on 2023-02-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API