Those who need to replace the original media system in a vehicle should bear in mind a large-screen Tesla Style radio. It supports 100% of native tablets’ functionality, having a lower price. Moreover, the drivers get the latest high-tech options that have not been available for their old cars recently. The models in the descriptions below are designed for various car models. Read to choose a relevant unit to navigate without a problem and enhance the video/audio experience.
Tesla Style Head Unit Reviews
The T-Style radio F150 is an Android-based multimedia center with GPS navigation. It’s a good replacement for the factory unit thanks to the 12.1-inch multi-touch screen with a resolution of 1,280 x 800p and high responsiveness. Climate control and all the related options are easy to access since all of them are in the on-screen menu.
This device makes it possible to use different navigation systems (Google Maps, Waze, HERE WeGo, etc.). The unit’s Wi-Fi connectivity allows downloading various applications from the app store. The tablet includes File Manager to remove or upload files on the hard drive. There is also an SD slot and a USB port to download updates. The built-in Bluetooth allows the driver to accept calls hands-free and enjoy music. The unit has 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of ROM that is not much but quite enough to manage files and use the apps.
- The screen is bright and the picture quality is excellent.
- The Tesla Style radio F150 is easy to install since all the cables are labeled.
- It takes a minute or even a couple of them to start working once the vehicle is turned on.
- It lags sometimes while downloading apps.
Video Sintegrate LinksWell Fit for Ford
The Android-operated Tesla Style radio for Dodge Ram is designed with a 10.4-inch vertical touch screen. It is notable for its backup camera and full-fledged multimedia. So, the driver can watch videos and enjoy audio with perfect HDTV picture quality and clear sound. It’s also possible to use a wide range of navigation systems, online and offline maps.
The Bluetooth will connect a driver to a phone for calling and playing music. The Wi-Fi connection to hot spots and the USB port are onboard. This model comes with 2 GB of RAM and 64 GB of ROM. The device can support manual and auto AC, XM Satellite radio, and voice control via Google Assistant.
- The drivers can mirror their phones to the T-Style radio screen.
- The unit has the input for the side camera.
- The climate control works flawlessly. It provides a full range of factory radio options, from temperature control to heated and ventilated seats.
- The tablet lacks the ability to work with a SIM card.
- It takes almost a minute for this radio to start working.
Video Sintegrate LinksWell Fit for Ram
This Tesla Style radio works on Android OS. It has a 10.4-inch screen with 1,024 x 768-pixel resolution and the ability to support 4K video format. It has 4 GB of RAM to provide responsive work of apps without lagging. The ROM is 32 GB.
The GPS Dual Zone function means the opportunity to navigate and enjoy music or movies simultaneously. The entertainment is available through the tablet itself, and it’s also possible to connect DVDs through an auxiliary jack. For example, the main zone has a full-fledged control panel, and the second one produces DVD content. One can switch between DVD video and radio audio anytime. Another input works to hook up a rearview camera to this Tesla Style screen.
A built-in Wi-Fi modem for mobile phone Wi-Fi hotspots and Bluetooth with a mic to accept calls without using hands are among other useful features. The unit’s built-in FM/AM tuner is fitted with a powerful radio chip to produce loud high-quality sound.
- Bluetooth allows listening to stereo music and downloading contacts from the mobile phone.
- Equalization serves to customize the sound, depending on the music genre, by choosing the relevant mode (Rock, POP, Jazz, Classic). Besides, there are Flat, User, Loud, and other modes to regulate sound and volume, considering personal preferences.
- There’s no stereo input in this model. It makes drivers change the amp volume via the steering wheel and head unit volume via the screen.
- The steering wheel controls are not accurate.
This black-colored Android-based Tesla Style head unit is designed with 10.4-inch IPS touchscreen and steering wheel control. Like most models in this class, it comes with 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of ROM. The latter can be extended up to 64 GB. The unit has a typical set of features, meaning Bluetooth for music and calls, Wi-Fi, GPS, and maps onboard. The entertainment includes watching the video (even in 4K format) and enjoying audio. Besides, it’s possible to navigate and enjoy radio at a time.
The unit is fitted with a Quad-Core A53 1.5GHz processor that is powerful enough to cope with high-resolution videos, heavy apps, etc., keeping the device stable and efficient. The Digital Signal Processing (DSP) features 16 settings to customize sound based on the content.
- The unit supports the CAN Bus system to facilitate the control of all parts of the vehicles.
- The picture quality is bright and sharp while watching videos.
- It lacks the input to connect a factory backup camera.
- It’s challenging to figure out how to install the device since it comes without a manual.
The F150 Tesla Style radio with Wi-Fi connectivity is designed with a 12.1-inch display with a resolution of 1,024 x 768p. It’s a Bluetooth-capable unit to manage phone calls and listen to audio. The radio features 4 GB and 64 GB of RAM and ROM, respectively to use pre-installed and downloaded apps seamlessly. GPS is available via multiple systems and maps. The camera input allows connecting either factory or aftermarket backup, front, and side cameras. It also supports SIM cards.
This model has AM/FM radio and SiriusXM radio. The equalization has 32 steps to adjust audio and make it perfectly balanced. The driver can watch a video and navigate simultaneously thanks to the Split display option. The device also displays the status of all vehicle doors to ensure safe driving.
The radio features 2 USB inputs for firmware updates and 1 auxiliary input to connect USB-capable devices. This model has voice control to manage both a car and entertainment (audio, phone, lighting, air conditioning, camera, and so on).
- The F150 T-Style radio has CarPlay apart from Android Auto to be compatible with iOS devices.
- The head unit provides voice control in 9 languages.
- Sometimes, it may run several apps simultaneously instead of one.
- It supports only the original backup camera.
Interesting Facts About Tesla Style Head Units
- The Tesla style head unit appeared in 2014 on the basis of regular Android head units.
- The device doesn’t have any direct link to Tesla company – the name comes from the similarity of physical parameters to those of computer interface used in the Tesla cars: vertical screen orientation and large size (the diameter hovers between 10 and 15 inches).
- The units were primarily intended for the high-end cars since the big vertical screen in most cases doesn’t squeeze up into a smaller torpedo of a regular car.
- The majority of manufacturers of the Tesla style head units are China-based companies.
- The device lets imitate the phone display and functions completely. This allows using the head unit right out of the box.
- Unlike regular Android head units, the Tesla style ones don’t have the limitation for the apps installed — you can freely download entertaining and social networking apps. These devices boast large fast (RAM) and stock (ROM) memory capacity for storing various content and powerful processors handling the most demanding applications.
- The Tesla style units are great for navigation tracking — due to large display and the possibility to expand the map full-screen, the area can be seen widely and the route programmed easily.
- The screen in most of Tesla style is made on IPS matrix and features high contrast, wide angle view, high definition, and brightness.
- The head unit can be connected to the car and serve as a car system showing the state of the main mechanisms and letting control the majority of functions (doors, windows, etc.).
My name is Brandon, and I’ve been interested in cars since I was a kid. I got a bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology and worked in a private car workshop. I have two cars that have been completely upgraded with my own hands. So I successfully put all my knowledge into practice.
Last update on 2021-09-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API